Confluence invites you into a yarn led by Barkandji and Bun Wurrung Elders, Traditional Owners, artists and community members exploring the centrality of water to Aboriginal understandings of Country.
You will be asked to consider how the design community might work together to create a better, healthier future for the planet through an engagement with landscape that transcends the institutional and accepted and towards acknowledgment and understanding of Country as a world-view. The yarn will employ Storying, deep listening (through which one understands one’s own story in relation to those of others in a related group) and yarning as techniques.
• N’Arwee’t Dr Carolyn Briggs, AM, Boon Wurrung Foundation
• Eddy Harris, Wilcannia artist
• Woddy Harris, Wilcannia artist
• Sophia Pearce, Indigenous knowledge broker, Culpra Milli Aboriginal Corporation
• Christine Phillips, architect, RMIT University
• Jock Gilbert, landscape architect, RMIT University
Get the Golden Ticket delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to our newsletter to stay up to date with our program of salons, masterclasses, movies and magic.